Monday, October 28, 2013

FEAR - STIGMA - HATRED - JAIL - walk in my shoes then talk to me

"So why, then, don't more people come out about being HIV-positive? No one is more familiar with the perils of living with HIV, in terms of everything from social stigma to draconian criminalization laws, than I am."
 
 
I went to jail for 272 days because I am HIV+... they trumped up charges and a bullshit story from a sociopath Lieutenant that admitted to stealing passwords, lying to the prosecution and to investigators and to hacking into an email and website...and you say you are more familiar with criminalization laws?
 
I enjoy what you write Mark and support your advocacy 110%, but please don't tell those of us that you are more familiar with criminalization until you spend time in jail and are required to register as a sex offender for 25years to life...
 
I was open about my status to the people I love in my life and my chain of command, but the Army "believed" an admitted liar, theft and hacker...all because I am HIV+...
 
They went as far as calling physical witnesses liars and denying FACTS about the complaining witness having years of bareback sex that he admitted to...
No Physical evidence or Medical evidence was ever presented by the prosecution...
 
So you want to know why people are still afraid of telling others about their HIV status...
FEAR - STIGMA - HATRED = JAIL Those are pretty powerful reasons to stay silent and its a sad reality.
 
Its not just a gay community issue...its a HUMANITY issue...HIV knows to boundaries, but yet humans have decided to make living with HIV a potential crime...
 
HIV is NOT a CRIME the Wrongful prosecution of HIV is.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment