Friday, April 18, 2014

Why Wrongful Convictions...A Study

Why wrongful convictions:: A Study

I struggle everyday to deal with the Why? and How could?...questions about what happened to me...

Once again, Phil Cave has posted a powerful piece to help me understand...

An actual study paid for by the National Institute of Justice...

I had to walk away after listening to the piece about "tunnel vision"

I was taught a legal term during my case... "Believer"

That is the term that describes prosecutors, like the young malicious prosecutor in my case...

Without any evidence...without an investigation...he "believed" the complaining witness blindly...I submit, and will not be convinced otherwise, that there was also a deep seated prejudice and an overwhelming amount of pressure from his boss, to prosecute no matter what...

At one time, the young Captain actually told my attorney's that he "believed" CH and that "he (LTC Pinkela) was HIV+...so it must have been him..."

I was NOT charged with infecting anyone...I was charged with the prejudicial charge of "exposure" ... and a fictitious assault with NO evidence or facts...just a story from a then admitted (under oath) liar and theif...

This study really hits home...to know that there has been an actual study of this phenomenon that destroys innocent lives and families, and as Dr. Gould says..."leaving the real criminal on the streets..." or in my case he is in law school...


No comments:

Post a Comment