Saturday, October 15, 2016

Picking His Battle - A&U Magazine's Chip Alfred digs into Military HIV Criminalization case

Picking His Battle - A&U Chip Alfred interview

The first investigative reporting done on my case and I can't be more grateful to Chip and A&U Magazine...

I want Eric Fanning to lead...demand a review of the process from start to finish...see the disgusting/unprofessional  actions and choices made by uniformed members of the Army based on fear, prejudice and stigma ...

DISMISS my case, grant me my retirement and then commit to work with me and the hundreds of advocates for real changes to the UCMJ and HIV.

Eric if you see this...understand that you have nothing to lose by reviewing my case.  I know how the staff operates and most will try and convince you to ignore the request...
They will tell you the system worked...

Well it didn't...

A review is going to demonstrate that my case should have never made it off the Garrison Commander's desk on Fort Myer...a TRUE investigation would have ended it cleanly and professionally...the Henney statement and denial of evidence should be enough to convince you to do the review....

The first step in making a change is admitting there is a problem or that "something" is BROKEN...that takes courage especially in the Army...BUT...when we do admit there is a problem, WE, together can make change to protect ALL service members and preclude this type of abuse of authority and wrongful prosecution from ever happening again...

SO I challenge you....

LET ME BE THE LAST!
Let me be the LAST soldier wrongfully prosecuted for living with HIV...
Let me be the last soldier denied a fair and thorough investigation...
Let my family be the last to suffer

Lets LEAD the ARMY and be the first to END HIV Criminalization in the US Military..

No comments:

Post a Comment