Thursday, August 22, 2013

US: House Appropriations Committee passes amendment that would fund review of HIV-specific criminal laws

US: House Appropriations Committee passes amendment that would fund review of HIV-specific criminal laws

This is critical legislation for anyone HIV+ serving their country in the Armed Forces and their friends/families and neighbors.

It directs a review of all recent HIV prosecution cases under UCMJ.

There is no HIV specific UCMJ article, but yet I was charged with assault and my HIV status was the charged aggravation.

There was no completed investigation. There was no assault.  There was no physical contact.

There were witnesses that testified that it was impossible that it could have occurred.

So how was I charged with "exposing" a person to HIV?

Anyone who has read my record of trial has been disgusted at the Army and the military judge for allowing this to happen.

26 years of sacrifice and everything is in gone.  Everything...

PLEASE read the law and Contact your Members of Congress to ensure that I get the fair review that I deserve.

UCMJ is broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment